Monday 16 January 2012

Best game ever?


While strolling along through the internet this morning, I happened to fall upon a unique symbol, one that brought memories and joy flooding back to me.  This was no ordinary symbol, but was nothing less than a tri-force.  Immediately images of a green tunic donning elf like warrior came to mind, smashing pots, slicing grass and finding money.  Throwing bombs, using your hookshot, catching fish and becoming friends with the Gorons.  Memories of learning new tunes on a bad ass ocarina, and those ghastly mummies that always secretly terrified me.

It eventually came to me that the memories were almost endless, and when I think of games we play today, it's most often filled with rage and anger over getting a tomahawk from across the map or some kid quick scoping you when your one kill from Juggernaut.

My Dilly thought for today is why can't they make more games like they used to.  It's either that, or my mind was much simpler.  I remember Pod Racing, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Mario Party, Mario Kart, so many amazing quality games that you just can't find anymore aside from a few rare gems. 


In short, make more games like they used to be, it was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Dill. I agree and question why gaming companies don't bring back the great games from the past. We see today movie companies re-making quality Disney movies into blue-ray. So maybe there is hope for Super Mario, Smash Brothers, Zelda and many more great games from the past to be re-made.

    ReplyDelete